WHAT I DO
Executive and Mid-Level Recruitment Search
Headhunting of key talent for hard-to-satisfy and important positions (typically £60K – £150K salary range) across commercial leadership, senior sales and technology functions.
Operating independently and successfully via my own business for over five years, I work with my clients in partnership to help them find, entice and assess the key mid to senior level talent they need to grow, compete, innovate and hit project deadlines. My proactive and thorough recruitment search service targets busy and successful passive and semi-active talent who are not responding to adverts or just sitting on standard agency databases.
Primary Areas of Specialisation
Director, senior and mid-management, senior specialists.
Senior sales, pre-sales, technology management, change, operations, strategy & executive.
Fintech, e-commerce, technology, payments, internet, software, telecoms, business services.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
With Sean’s tenacity…
A very effective head-hunter…
Sean gives recruitment consultants a good name…
HOW I DO IT
Whether you are building a house, developing a software system or carrying out a recruitment project, particular care and time needs to be taken at the beginning of the process to carefully qualify what is required and what is on offer.
Key stakeholders will be met and a thorough understanding gained of the business, its culture, its plans and why it is attractive. It is particularly important to establish what very good looks like in terms of previous achievements and experience and how it will be spotted and tested during the recruitment process.
I feed back in a prepared Assignment Brief my summary understanding of the company, role and person specification providing a further quality check point to demonstrate understanding, invite further amendment and help remove any ambiguities. This also provides an approved document to share with candidates after initial qualification.
Existing extensive networks will firstly be investigated and complemented with original research where required.
This will include a combination of traditional research blended with modern social media technologies to thoroughly research agreed target organisations and establish likely possible candidates. The size of pools will of course vary with what is required but typical initial candidate pools are 60 to 80.
Approach, Assessment & Shortlist for Permanent Search
Possible candidates are confidentially approached, seeking first to understand their situation, motivations and career objectives. If there is a match between client requirements and candidate objectives, I honestly and positively present the opportunity to ignite initial interest. This process then moves forward to one of assessment which is conducted in hour long interviews to understand career history, relevant achievements, cultural fit and career goals. Typically I conduct 15 to 18 such interviews to deliver a shortlist of 5 shortlisted candidates. My shortlists consist of original CVs plus a two page report demonstrating evidence of agreed skills, experience or competencies plus possible advice on areas to explore further at client interview.
My approach is transparent and open. Regular written and verbal updates are provided together with market feedback to help hone the requirements during the process if required. Once the shortlist is delivered and accepted the process will then be carefully managed moving forward, checking candidate commitment levels throughout, anticipating buy back and ensuring joiners join. I also look to conduct post assignment reviews and provide after care for both clients and candidates.
WHO I AM
I’m Sean Quinn. Over a 25+ year career in recruitment, I worked as a London-trained, retained headhunter; worked in-house for BSkyB, managing a team delivering over 300 hires per year, mainly in the areas of technology, telecoms and sales; and returned to my headhunter roots in 2011 with my own independent business. I hold an MBA from Warwick Business School and am a Fellow of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (FIRP).
25 years plus experience means that:
- I can consult and advise rather than just passively receiving specifications,
- I know what to ask to carefully qualify requirements,
- I know what good looks like, in terms of process and results,
- I can quickly build and maintain credibility and rapport with discerning senior candidates to bring them to the table.
Specialist sector and functional knowledge means that:
- I can quickly understand briefs,
- I often have existing relevant networks even before I start new research,
- I know how to test for particular skills and competencies.
An independent owner-managed business means that:
- I can take the time to deliver a thorough and professional service without the corporate pressures of sales targets,
- I can provide a more bespoke service underpinned with the passion for delivery an owner-manager brings,
- I can share the advantages of a low overheads model with my clients, helping them reduce cost per hire as well as delivering great talent.
As well as my own time and expertise, I have an established network of associates I can project manage for larger recruitment projects as required.
Sample of Successful Assignments
- Senior New Business Sales Directors (x 3) – (Leading international provider of ecommerce solutions to prevent online fraud)
- Senior Sales Executive – EMEA – Payment infrastructure solutions (Leading international technology services company)
- Director of Business Service Operation (Leading international technology and telecommunications services provider)
- Head of Sales Operations – EMEA (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Sales Director UK & Ireland (Leading international money transfer business)
- Marketing Directors (Global music and entertainment business)
- Senior Digital Marketing Managers (Global music and entertainment business)
- Heads of Radio (Global music and entertainment business)
- Heads of Marketing (Leading international mobile operator)
- Technical Integration Manager (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Pre-Sales Consultants (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Business Manager – Shopping Carts (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Sales Manager – Large Merchant (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Senior Manager – Strategic Business Development (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Senior Consumer Marketing Manager (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Business Development Manager (Niche Prepaid Card payments organisation)
- SMB Business Manager (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Director – Operations & Engineering (Leading entertainment and communications business)
- Director – Software Engineering (Leading entertainment and communications business)
- Senior Service Delivery Managers (Leading entertainment and communications business)
- Programme Director – Special Projects (Leading entertainment and communications business)
- Snr Manager – Payment Platforms (Leading online payments and ecommerce business)
- Operations Support Director (Leading international IT services business)
- Regional Director (Leading international IT services business)
- CIO (Leading financial services institution)
- IT Director (Leading supermarket chain)
- Head of IS (Large government department)
- Principal Consultants – Outsourcing (Major US based IT services and outsourcing business)
- Head of Research (Leading global telecommunications company)
- Head of Entertainment Products (Leading global telecommunications company)
Details of specific clients and further client references are available on request.
Below is a market survey and a couple of guides previous clients have found helpful. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss anything arising from this.